[TechAssist] Re: Fusible resistors

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Paul <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:00:14 -0700

Hi Paul,

I've seen them burn up instantly too. That's why I use metal
film resistors to replace fusibles.

Bil Green
PC 1000
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
760-924-1000

Friday, October 8, 2004, 10:18:54 AM, you wrote:

P> Hi Ken,
P> the reason for the question was that I am working on a set that calls for a
5.6 ohm fusible that was open. I replaced with a flame proof and it smoked and
opened immediately.  I cant imagine a
P> fusible opening any faster than the flame proof in this case anyway. I found
the problem and tacked in another flame proof. The job is finished except the
fusible. I suspect that a good many sets
P> have  been repaired by subbing the flame proof for a fusible. That may not
make it advisable though. I know that I and the majority of techs do not want
to compromise the safety of a set.