[TechAssist] FIXED: Samsung TV/VCR, TVN5054, "Factory" on screen

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:24:10 -0500

All:

Many thanks to your many helpful suggestions on this unit.  Ron Purkhiser
sent the following message which proved to solve the problem.  BTW,
standby mode is the unit plugged in, but turned off.

You guys are great.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

------------------------

---copy of Ron's message---

Hello Ken,  I talked with my friend Gary Thompson in Columbus about your
unit.

He has the manual for this unit, but it doesn't say anything about
exiting
the factory mode other than the same thing I read you this morning.

His thoughts are, if this Display, 6, 1, 4, and power on from the standby
mode doesn't exit the factory mode,  you better change the eprom.
Ron

Mailto: rpurkhiser@xxxxxxxxxx
Ron Purkhiser,   Treasurer, NESDA of Ohio
Editor of the  "Speaker", Nesda of Ohio Newsletter
Ron's Video Repair
56 Oakhurst Dr.
Munroe Falls, OH 44262
Ph. 330-688-6624
Fax,  Same number, but push *51 after my outgoing message
To activate my fax machine, then send your fax.  Thank you.