[TechAssist] Re: FIXED, Panasonic GAOO, chassis ASPEDP266, HOT shorts instantly.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:20:22 -0800

The HOT would short instantly.  Solution was D552 measured 125 ohms and
R764 (10 ohm @ 2 watts) was open.  Both are part of the pincushion
circuit and D552 is connected directly to the collector of the HOT.
R764 connected D552 to the pincushion circuit.  I am guessing that D552
shorted first causing the HOT to short.  This was a strange one.  Has
anyone else had a fault like this one?  Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx