[TechAssist] [ FIXED ] Mitsubishi VS6043 chassis VZ3 - Soldering yoke P.C. board connections.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:58:04 -0600

Here is a proceedure I figered out, to solder the yoke P.C. board
connections on these Mits PTVs:
Hope it helps someone in the future.
***********
1. Remove speaker grill cover, and work from front of set.
2. Remove access cover behind speaker grill cover.
3. Locate the yoke plugs on the yoke P.C. boards, on all 3 CRTs.
4. Wiggle them to see which one is making the loss of vertical deflection
trigger the video shutdown cks.
5. Remove the 2 plugs from the yoke P.C. board.
6. Position a small 3" x 6" hand mirror, at an angle where you can see the
back side of the 5 pin plug, on the P.C. board.
7. You will see a ring crack around the top 1 or 2 vertical pins of the
jack.
8. If the gray plastic from the housing is blocking your view, just cut it
away with a pair of dykes.
9. Now take a 35-45 watt pencil iron, with a pointed tip on it, and bend the
tip at about a 30 degree angle.
10. Now simply solder the bad connections on the yoke plug as needed.
11. Re-install covers on front of set.
12. Collect for you service call.
13. Smile all the way to the bank.

Have a nice day,...and have fun on your next repair of these Mits PTVs.
Where there is a will,...there is always a way.
;-)

LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                             " I forgot,..to remember,..
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           to forget "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx