[TechAssist] Emerson TV Model# TC1972DA ( no video or audio)

  • From: "Maxwell Bailes Jr." <bailes4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassit <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 19:47:07 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
This set has become a thorne in my side today. It well
play for awhile, then the video and audio will go off.
It still has a snowy raster. It will come and go for
awhile and then it will shutdown the whole set. It
will come right back on when you push the power
button. I've ESR'd all the caps. change afew high
one's in the tuner &P/S. Voltages seem to be ok, but I
don't have a print. It acts like a bad solder
joint,but flexing the board does nothing. Does this
model have any problems with tuners or regulators?
TIA
Max

=====
Max Bailes