[TechAssist] Re: Emerson CEDV800D - DVD/VCR Combo - Error Codes

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 20:58:12 -0400

Yeah, Max.
I saw your reply about the 56 Chevy radio. They were right in the middle of
my radio repair days. Graduated to Color TVs in 63. Brings back some
memories, thinking about those. In 55 the Chevy V8s were 12 volt and the
sixes were 6 volt. Not sure if 56 was both but by 57 they were all 12v and
the first of the transistor outputs. Had to fix a lot of those due to people
adding the rear seat speaker and fader kits from the auto supply stores.
Impedance matching suddenly became important. We had a 12v car battery on
the bench to run them on because the old 6v battery eliminator wouldn't cut
it. Remember replacing the seleniums in the battery eliminator?

Ever see any with synchronous vibrators? They didn't need any rectifier
diodes. We had them in the army.

Some cars had positive ground too.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV