[TechAssist] Re: Disassemble Philips CRT assy's? yea or nea?

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 07:27:16 -0500

We've had a leaker or two...but only because the gaskets were bad, possibly
due to the fact that they were folded over in the bag.....I wouldn't change
procedure, I'd just over compensate and add silicone sealant, reassemble,
and wait 24 hours before refilling......not fast huh? Well, you could forget
the sealant and just leave the filled crts out on a paper towel for an
hour.....

I'm not a big fan of sucking out the bad fluid....leaves crud inside no
matter how well you clean it. Then it breeds more crystals.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815