[TechAssist] Re: Deltavision time Laspe Vcr..Model# VTS-204 tape slide broken

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:46:57 -0500

If its a JVC, the main problem with those that I can recall was that the
lower support for the opener lever in the basket would break. The front
lift out the FLM. Take out 2 screws on top and one on the side and lift the
reinforcing plates and top plate off the FLM. Turn the gear on the side to
move the basket in just a little and then you can lift the basket out.
Relace the basket assembly with a new one or make a hairpin shape with some
stiff component lead wire and use it to pull the opener lever back to the
side frame tightly. Bend the ends of the hairpin wire out flush with the
sideplate on the inside. Reinstall in reverse order.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609