[TechAssist] Daewoo TV Model DTQ-19P2FC Vert. foldover

  • From: "Wally Heise" <sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:00:26 -0500

Daewoo DTQ-19P2FC, Chassis CN-001A

I am spending way too much time on this 19 inch cheapie but need some
advice.

Symptom - vertical is about inch short on top and bottom, and has a foldover
bar about 3 inches down from the top.  TV also will shut down when I change
channels, when it shut's down it has a large colorful dot in the center of
the screen.  TV will also turn itself on when I plug it into AC, then the
remote or front panel buttons work OK.  Also appears the horizontal width is
pulled in on both sides somewhat.

So far I have checked all capacitors, replaced weak caps and tried the
vertical IC LA7841.  I have found all of the smps voltages are higher than
the silk screen labels on the board (as always don't have proper schematic).
Have tried Q801 - smps switching FET to no avail.

My suspicions is the problem is the hybrid pc board I801, feedback for the
smps.  Does anyone have any history on this tv, or a scan of the power
supply portion of this tv?  Thanks for any help.

Wally Heise
South Isle Repair
Isle, MN.