[TechAssist] Controlling arcing/corona inside Sony HV Splitters

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist Group" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 22:54:37 -0400

Just trying to finish up a Sony KPR53EX35 projo & find upon re-assembling
the 5 leads in the HV splitter ( 2 anode inputs & 3 RGB anode outs) we're
getting a lot of hissing and arcing/corona from 2 anode inputs.  Turning out
all the lights in the room I can see the blue spray coming form under the
protecting boots that seal the tops of the inlets.

This is with the original flyback & splitter OR brand new ones.  Anodes are
locked in nicely ...nothing loose.

My first instinct is to pump the full of silicone !!!!  But if I have to
disassemble it in the future,  I'm doomed.

Any non hardening goo or solution we can use for this to keep the fireworks
to a minimum?

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beech Tree Lane