[TechAssist] CTC203AA5, is LA7612A the same as LA7612N, weird problem with T chip

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:34:55 -0700

First a question:  Is LA7612A the same as LA7612N?

Second thing:  With the help of Robert and Google I now have
troubleshooting techniques for the Gemstar 4 modules with the built in
micro.  I determined that the data line going into the Gemstar is low (2
volts) and the Gemstar is good.  I traced the data line back to the T
chip, LA7612A, and a funny thing happened:  I disconnected one leg of
R12710, and my data line jumped up to 5.2 volts (which is good).  T chip
must be bad.  But then, I reconnected R12710 and disconnected pin 44
(which is on the other side of R12710) of the T chip, and my data
voltage went DOWN to 1.6 volts.  My clock line also went low (pin 43).
What is going on here?  I repeated the above test twice to make sure I
wasn't seeing things.  Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada