[TechAssist] CTC203, DEAD- No start up

  • From: "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:50:24 -0600

Hi,
I have a 36" RCA, F36665, chassis CTC203CE1 marked on the board and CTC203CX
marked on the back.
I am quite sure it is a start up problem as there are no secondary voltages
at all.  I do have 165 volts raw B+ to the drain of Q14101.  I originally
could start the set by placing my meter on the gate of Q14101 and I would
get a small chirp of the power supply starting up.  I then could turn the
set on and everything worked until turned off.  I checked everything in the
gate circuit of Q14101 and found R14103 (1 meg) wide open.  I replaced the
resistor and now I can not get it to turn on at all.  At plug in, I get a
faint diminishing chirp out of the power supply with 2.6 volts on the gate,
165 on the drain, and 0 on the source.  Naturally I am not getting my 140
volts or 5 volts, etc.  I re-checked the components in the chopper circuit
and found nothing else bad.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Daryl