[TechAssist] CTC 169 HOT getting hot...

  • From: "Bruce Tiedeman" <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:04:15 -0500

Fellow Techs,
I am working on a CTC 169 Chassis out of a 35" set. I pulled the chassis
from customers home. I don't have a jig hook up for this type of CRT. .
After repairing the regulator circuit , the regulator voltage was around 143
volts .The H.O T started getting very hot, it ran for a few minutes. Before
I could pull the plug it shorted and took out my regulator again and also
the H.O T. "The wave form looked real clean", when running it in this
condition? I can't remember if this is normal with running it without test
jig or not! I figured it could run  for a while with a no load condition.
(no crt or yoke hooke up) Just want to mention the H.O.T was not shorted
,only the regulator in the beginning. The regulator caps had high ESR which
probably took out the regulator the first time around?
Could some one please shed some light on this , I am in the process of
testing the H.V caps around the HOT now.
thanks for your time,
Bruce.