[TechAssist] Re: Broken Plasma TV screen- can chassis be harmed if plugged in?

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:09:36 -0400

I called a friend who runs a large shop and he said no damage would
occur. He also said he has a Daewoo plasma with a screen that is ok but
the chassis is bad, so we are hoping that the display is the same so we
can make one set from the two. (not getting my hopes too high on that one)

I went and powered it up and heard the fan running. Will wait to
experiment later.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada