[TechAssist] Re: Bose part supplier needed.

  • From: HarrisTV50010@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:14:45 EDT

We have a Bose model 20 music center in for service. This unit has a 6-disc
cartridge that you fill with your discs and the cartridge inserts into the
unit. The problem is it will try to load a disc over and over sometimes. What I
have found is that there is a plastic lever and a small plunger type switch
that
gets pushed when the disc is in far enough to let the mechanism know it is
ready to play. I think plastic lever may be warped a bit or the plunger switch
is not as sensitive as it used to be, so I was going to change both parts to
get it going. Are parts like this possible to get or am I overlooking some
other
problem?
Thanks,
Dale

Dale A. Lubow... HarrisTV50010@xxxxxxx ..515-232-1109..(Fax)515-232-3356
Harris TV & Appliance..........335 Lincoln
Way.....Ames.....Iowa.....50010-3384

In a message dated 10/5/04 9:56:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Bose sells parts only to Bose ASC's, and then only if they approve. Also
it takes about two weeks to get parts from them. What part are you
looking for?
Since 1972
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne, Indiana

HarrisTV50010@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I am looking for a place to order Bose parts. Does anyone have an E-mail,
Fax