[TechAssist] Acrobat7 for 69.00 dollars

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:46:17 -0700

If something sounds too good to be true it usually is...  The site registry you
are referring to clearly states in it's terms that you are NOT getting license
to this software.  The registry for this site is off-shore and the individual
it's listed to is also the name used for several other questionable sites that
have been linked to scams...
Here's some stuff I came across while researching:
http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/results.jhtml;jsessionid=OFULAY4KMGAI0CWMEAPSFEY?whoistoken=0&_requestid=827355
http://castlecops.com/p556364-Is_This_Site_Genuine_it_seems_impossible.html

http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-132668.html

http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/unwelcome-o.html

My best advice is that it's probably pirated software that has been stripped of
it's key codes or had it's security bypassed to work, if you get anything at
all.  And with an off-shore address, no reasonable way to track who owns it but
this fictional info you would be a fool to hand out your credit card.
Bill

William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member
Premium Technologies