[TAML] Re: An early Christmas....

  • From: "David L. Stevens" <davestevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: teamamiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:06:38 -0600

Skal Loret wrote:

Asha DeVelder wrote:

        I am pleased that so many people came out to vote, that they
seemed to have paid attention to what is going on and responded to that
rather than just going through the motions or not participating at all.
        The people have spoken, and I hope they continue to pay
attention and continue to speak up; it's the only way this will ever
change.

Asha, I just have this gut feeling that the same sentiments that led to
record participation in this election will carry over to '08. Especially
if the Dems field a candidate who can capture the necessary lightning in
the requisite bottle.

Which disqualifies Sen. Clinton.

The Dems need a candidate for the times and she ain't it.

It's going to require a lot of very delicate balancing. For one thing, there's the necessity for tax increases which Bush said the Dems would impose and which Howard Dean and Nancy Pelosi have promised they will not "on the middle class." Thus, it looks to me like we're going to have to increase taxes on the rich in a way that they can't make appear to be also on the middle class. I don't see any way to reduce the national debt without raising taxes--and I'm not talking about a "balanced budget" where we stay in the hole, I mean debt reduction. We need to start now to repay the money Dubya has borrowed from Asia and squandered. Then we need to repay a lot of the debt that existed when Dubya inherited it. If we could eliminate that debt we could save Social Security forever, have a good national health plan and provide adequate retirement benefits without charge to employers.

--
DAVID L. STEVENS -- TEAM AMIGA -- Chapter Chat Publisher
         Windows 2K User (:^(> on Compaq E500 1 GHz Notebook