[team2039] sub team selection due at Monday's meeting

  • From: christina magee <christina.magee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: team2039@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 23:07:24 -0600

Team 2039 Students:
This year our sub teams will be clearly defined and students will remain in
that sub team for the entire build season.  As Adam shared with you earlier
in the week. "Keep in mind that we need to fill all of these teams evenly,
so please be prepared to have a first, second and third choice for which
sub team you would like to be on.  Once you are assigned to a sub team, you
will be required to work on that sub team for the rest of the build
season.  Just because you were on the electrical team one year does not
mean that you cannot be on a mechanical team the next year.  We encourage
everyone to gain some experience in all aspects of the design since this
will be very beneficial to you in your future career! "

A few students have expressed some concern about sub team placement.  I'd
like to offer this quote for all of you to think about from the book
written about FIRST robotics teams called The New Cool:

"Now we have to be a team.  Everybody has to be there and everybody has to
help out.  Sometimes it’s going to be a boring job, and sometimes fun, but
you’re going to have to do it and realize it’s for the better of the team.
If we do that, we’ll have a better robot and a better experience in the
end.”

Please be prepared to complete a sub team selection sheet at Sunday's
meeting (1-5 pm) or at Monday's meeting (5-8 pm).  Attached you will find
another complete list of sub teams for this season.  Sub team groups will
be posted at Tuesday's meeting (5-8 pm).

I am so proud of the progress that was made today.  Here's one more
quote from the movie We Bought a Zoo that wonderfully sums up what we have
ahead of us.... "Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and
something great will come of it."  We're about to embark on not 20 seconds
of insane courage but 6 weeks of insane courage.  You'll be pushed outside
your comfort zone, tested by what may seem like impossible tasks in an
unattainable amount of time, but in the end, I promise you something
extraordinary will come of it!

Let the Work Begin!
Miss Magee