[team2039] Animation Challenge & Web-Cast Link

  • From: Bob Genis <bobgenis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Team 2039 \(Robotics/Animation\)" <team2039@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 06:00:31 -0800 (PST)

Animators,

As of 7:30 this morning, Autodesk/FIRST has still not released the Excellence
in
Design Award challenge for this year.  I think the best place for watch for
updates is their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/groups/autodesk.first/ .

I received this e-mail back from Dave Coveney with the link for the planning
web-cast:

Hi Everyone,

The URL for Thursday is http://excelsior.adobeconnect.com/r3umvw52wmq/ This
will bring you to the login screen (see attached). Click "Enter as a  guest",
enter your name and click "Enter Room". The link will be live  shortly after
7PM
(Eastern) to give us time to troubleshoot any  connection issues you may
experience before we start at 7:45. ( I think I  had to download a plug-in the
first time I connected ) If all else  fails call 518-281-3370.

As of 11PM Tuesday we still don't know what the animation specification  is, so
Thursday will go one of two ways. If we've gotten the spec before  then, we'll
do brainstorming. If we still don't have the spec, we'll  make an animatic
using
our storyboard from last year.

-Dave

John McInerney has reserved the training room in Eiger labs for us to watch
this
(thanks, John).  The team should probably plan on arriving before 6:45 to make
sure you can connect.

-Bob Genis