[tccrockets] Re: OctSkies duties

  • From: "Richard King" <drrbk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 18:19:28 -0700

I am gratified to see how many people want to help!
This is not only helpful, but it puts people more in touch with how everything
REALLY works as opposed to being simply a spectator.  In this hobby, that’s a
good thing.
I also remember how confusing setups like ours can appear and thus blunting
people’s interest in helping out.
Fortunately, TCC’s members are also good teachers and can help those interested
learn the system, trailer packing, RSO and LCO duties.
My suggestion for newbies that want to be of help is to pair up with a
knowledgeable member to learn the particulars.  Some times well-intentioned
help can be harmful/dangerous/destructive.  A good rule of thumb is to always
ask, buddy with someone, or move items closer to the trailer at tear down time
so that others can load the trailer from there.  Believe me, just having items
brought closer to the trailer or put in the correctly labeled bins is a very
big help!
Thanks again to all the people willing to help out.
Should be a great launch and a lot of FUN!

Richard King
TCC Treasurer/Secretary for life