[tccrockets] Re: Motor request 38mm

  • From: Ari Krupnik <ari@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 20:39:20 -0700

I have a smaller glider I fly on RCT motors. 32mm is an oddball, but the F13 and the G12 are about as slow burn as they get. Gotta love Blue Thunder endburners!

Ari.

On 3/31/13 8:06 PM, Steve Ainsworth wrote:

Ari
Thanks for the tips.
That reminded me of back in the late 1990's when I flew one of AT's "Turbo"
hybrid motors that I had inserted/epoxied a spent Estes D motor through the
center hole of the white lightning  grain to prevent burning from the
center, and epoxied an insulator to the top of the grain making it an end
burn (the hole was necessary for the N2O flow to the cardboard grain).  I
had the first hybrid motor with tracking smoke!  BTW, this was all under the
supervision of Gary R.  The flight was at Delmar Dry lake in Nv.

I was also able to fly a Kosden motor with an AT N2O tank added to the
forward closure for a Kosden "Turbo".  Imagine, a combined Kosden/Aerotech
motor!

Maybe that was the AT Saint Kosden.

I might have to try the I59.

Steve

PS
I flew my glider on the AT RCT motor.  They have an odd diameter.