[tccrockets] Re: Fwd: July 30th Webinar: Epoxy UV Cure Optimization and Novel UV Hybrids

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCC chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:57:56 -0700

Great stuff Keith. I checked one out before, it's really great stuff to be
able to do high-strength bonds and get immediate cure action.
However .... VERY expensive, I priced out a getto version of a UV curing
lamp (homebrew with chinese ebay parts) and it was not cheap.
And then the materials are expensive....

BUT - watch this area, in the years to come there will be some real
revolutionary stuff here and it's easy to see how in a few years
we may be able to put together beautiful MD rockets in a weekend with all
the strength we enjoyed in the past with modern 2-part epoxies :-)

Thursday, July 30, 2015
2:00 PM EDT
11:00 AM PDT

<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f2494f4e74727b83bfe40fa348dfece770198ec974d2ae9acd>
WEBINAR PRESENTERS:

[image: Brian Bruce]
*Brian Bruce*,
International Technical Applications Engineer

This presentation explains the mechanism of action of epoxy (cationic) UVs
and acrylic (free radical) UVs, along with best practices for proper
curing. The discussion will include a complete review of proper UV lamp
selection (type and format), proper exposure/intensity (and measurement),
and optimal product selection (cationic or free radical). Learn more
<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f2edccb042ed123537d99ede65c3ead3560df2250b3b8d970c>
.

KEY TAKE-AWAYS:

- Learn the latest tips and techniques in the art and science of
working with UVs
- Understand the benefits of epoxy-based, cationic UV curing versus an
acrylate-based, free radical UV cure
- Discover the value of epoxy/UV hybrid systems that combine both UV
and thermal curing methodologies
- Learn how to properly match UV lamp heat output and wavelength for
optimal UV curing

<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f2494f4e74727b83bfe40fa348dfece770198ec974d2ae9acd>
------------------------------

*ABOUT Epoxy Technology:*
Founded in 1966, Epoxy Technology Inc. (EPO-TEK®), is a leading specialty
adhesive manufacturer that provides a full range of high quality epoxies
and UVs which support the semiconductor, optoelectronic, medical,
automotive, aerospace, photovoltaics, military and electronic assembly
markets. Epoxy Technology is very proud of its recognized quality programs,
which include: our comprehensive ISO 9001 and MIL STD 883/5011
certifications, as well as RoHS Compliance and Green Partnerships. Our
varied portfolio of adhesives include: electrically conductive, thermally
conductive, and optical grade epoxies, as well as UVs, UV Hybrids and
custom formulating expertise.
------------------------------
[image: IHS Engineering360 Online Events]

[image: IHS Engineering360 Online Events]
Forward to a Friend
<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f2dfe1f7d32d71334c047601c0700bb5ae2817646bdb88f4ae>
Privacy
Policy
<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f241edd849834c405a049af9d1c05d12e23f67460a887047c0>
Contact
Us
<gs-webinarteam@xxxxxxx?subject=Re:+GlobalSpec+Event+Information+via+Inv1+Epoxy+Technology>
Terms
of Use
<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f2c9b68303a7985fa5144a20a5c21f5a949c22ff5dc644df34>
Follow
Us on Facebook
<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f27ff9f78f136a595d0a9c4b6cb4df45baddc92b9425fd8497>

© 2015 IHS. All rights reserved, 30 Tech Valley Drive, Suite 102 East
Greenbush, NY, 12061 - 800.261.2052. All other products, company names,
or other marks appearing in this e-newsletter are the trademarks and
property of their respective owners. No portion of this email may be
copied, retransmitted, reposted, duplicated or otherwise used without the
express written permission of IHS Engineering360 Media Solutions.

To ensure prompt delivery, add *do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*
<do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> to your safe senders list.

Please do not reply to this e-mail, as we are unable to respond from this
address. If you would like to contact us, please send an email to:
gs-webinarteam@xxxxxxx
<gs-webinarteam@xxxxxxx?subject=Re:+GlobalSpec+Event+Information+via+Inv1+Epoxy+Technology>

To unsubscribe from future IHS Engineering360 Online Events email
communications, click here
<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f2eba8e129119945b2c36fedd12d4b0ed57292a52e5c0411ce>
.
To unsubscribe from all future IHS Engineering360 email, click here
<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f251038d64c9f7a298130815f9049b61ec4c50c531c94fede5>
.
To edit your user profile, visit Your Profile
<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f21d470fdcd11fa27c42c2c063c214fdf03159e4c1936f1b28>
.
If a friend forwarded this event and you would like to hear about future
events, click here
<http://click.email.engineering360.com/?qs=e19135bd065f60f2e46618275d898d22aed4f4b79ee5fd1026f34cc79f62aa49>
.