[tccrockets] Re: February launch

  • From: William Ferry <woferry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 21:14:37 -0800

Hi Mike,
        Sorry for the delay, I did shoot some video of your lift-off, just got
my album online today.  I had just bought an Olympus SP-100 last week and was
learning how to use the Dot Sight feature, so most of what I shot this launch
was videos and I had mixed success tracking some of the rockets in-air, but
that camera sure makes it easier than it would normally be under a high zoom
(the problem was more whether *I* could see the rocket or not).  I think I just
need some more practice.  =)  I lost yours as it was going up, turns out the
camera was still seeing it until it went off-frame.

        Anyway, my album for Saturday's launch is up at
<https://plus.google.com/photos/115304675973056460933/albums/6119865641332277185>,
 the video of your flight is just after the altimeter graph for my first
flight.  I also got two shots of yours coming down, one with the power lines in
the way.  =P  The Flash video Google+ shows in the album is pretty compressed I
think, but the original (672MB) 1080p/60 video is available if you want it
under the "More" -> "Download video" link at the top of the page when you have
the video up[*].

        Congrats again on the L3!  - Will

[*] On my Mac at least, it downloaded as a ".mov.mp4", and QuickTime played the
downloaded file with no audio.  Once I removed the extra .mp4 suffix and
re-opened it the audio was fine.