[tccrockets] Club financial report

  • From: "Richard King" <drrbk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 17:59:51 -0700

As hoped, the club makes most (really all) its profits during DA and OS.  This
year was no exception.  We had a lot of people show up, fly more rockets than
maybe any time in history.
The shirt sales ended up well.  Thanks to Rob’s business sense, our generous
sponsors and a cool product, all shirts were sold.  I hope no one is offended
if they signed up for a shirt and didn’t get one.  We announced many times
during the launch for those who pre-ordered to pick up their shirts.  There
were quite a few not being claimed and just as many who wanted a shirt that
didn’t pre-order.  Sooooooo, I sold all those to the interested parties (Jack
said I could!).  The portable toilets were $572 this year as our old vendor
went out of business and Jack was left to scramble for another vendor at the
last minute.  Thanks Jack!  We have some nicer and newer toilets we will be
using as soon as we score a trailer to put them on.  The keg of beer cost a few
hundred, but still seems popular.  More ice needed next time.  I will work on a
solution as well as make sure I’m there to help drink it.

After clearing all the expenses, we were able to deposit nearly $1900.  Our
account + petty cash on hand = $7216.

Expenses ahead would include a toilet trailer.  Haven’t thought about anything
else.  A little worried about our generator.  Maybe it needs a checkup.  Its
worth putting money in to, as it was a fairly nice one and expensive.

Anyway, that’s the report!  Great to see everyone and not bake in really hot
weather.

Richard King