[tccrockets] Back after a long break

  • From: "Chris Attebery" <Chris.Attebery@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 08:56:50 -0700

Hello,

My name is Chris Attebery. I flew at TCC a few times in the 1997-2001 time
frame. I'm just getting back into rocketry with my family and I have a few
questions.

First off, I'm not certified anymore. If we're only flying low or mid power
we don't need a TRA/NAR membership at all, correct?

Second, if I do want to get L1 certified it appears that you can join TRA or
NAR and fly with the club, right? Is there any advantage to joining one over
the other?

Finally, one of the last times I flew at TCC (~2000) I lost a Hawk Mountain
Transonic (38mm min diameter, ACME fin can, unpainted, 38/720 case). It was
launched just West of the dairy and landed in the general direction of the
muck pond on the North end of the dairy. I searched that area for a few
hours before I gave up. I'm really curious if it was ever found. I honestly
don't expect to get it back if it was. I have a feeling it's at the bottom
of that pond.

Thanks,

Chris