[tcb] Re: panel driving

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:31:24 -0800 (PST)

Got a artist friend in Little Rock who's been wantin'
to paint my buses...If I don't sell the '58, gonna
come up with somethin'  snappy fer a logo...
Maybe 'Neil's Rollin' Home for Soiled Doves'...
Naw, too long...
He does pretty cool stuff, stays pretty busy flyin'
around, paintin' murals and faux finishes for the
upper crust...
Check out some of his work at www.michaellindas.com

--- Mike Selvey <sidecar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sammie-
>
> Couldn't agree with you more about the "Mylar Sign
> Shops" that have
> sprung up everywhere.  To their credit, the mylar
> does outlast
> conventional sign paint, but it doesn't have that
> same "feel" as a
> hand-painted sign.  They need no artistic skill
> whatsoever to operate
> the computers that cut the mylar.  For the first ten
> years of my working
> life I was part of the dying guild of actual sign
> PAINTERS who did all
> their work with a brush and a pounced pattern.  I
> remember a guy who
> could lay out letters on a 14'X48' bulletin sign
> without any guide at
> all, he was that good.  I also remember very old
> alcoholic painters
> whose hands would shake up a storm with a brush
> loaded with
> paint...until it hit the sign, then it was all
> sweeping flows of perfect
> straight lines and beautiful curves worthy of
> Michaelangelo!
>
> Some day I'll have a VW single cab.  You can bet
> it'll have my own hand
> painted sign on the sides!
>
> Mike Selvey
> Nacogdoches, TX