[tcb] new bus

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

Just got home with the latest new bus.  1957 panel, pressed bumpers.  Fair
shape but needs lots of work.  Pretty well complete including the 36 engine,
bumpers, bulk head divider etc., but no, it's not a double door.  It's a late
57 and has the 58 type tail lights and flat deck lid with no brake lite which
is correct for the late 57 and 58, i.e., it looks just like a 58 and has a
build date around June 1 of 57, which was very close to the end of the
production run for 57.

  Also found a set of the hinge covers which came on some high hinge busses of
the 59-61 era which no one can seem to determine much about.  If anyone needs
them for a correct restoration and would be willing to make a fair offer I will
convey your offer.  I am not disclosing the owner or location and will only
assist in obtaining them for someone who needs them for a correct restoration
project.  No flippers need apply!