[tcb] Re: list problems for yahoo users??

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 21:44:09 -0500

Sorry everyone, I got sidetracked after making the request. Looks like
Jeff got it figured out.

Jeff, (and everyone else) if your address starts bouncing messages from
the list it will set you to vacation automatically after a certain
number of bounces (30 I think). The "bounce count" resets itself if
your address starts accepting email again but if something goes sideways
with your email on a busy day you can get set to vacation in a couple
of hours.

Everyone,

If you email me directly, off list you *WILL* usually get one bounce
message. It will say that a message to

gerald.tcb at mailserver.sysmatrix.net

bounced. Ignore it. I use this
address and a couple others for testing some oddball mail server
settings because it's guaranteed to get daily mail. Only worry about the
bounce if it say that mail to

gerald.tcb at sysmatrix.net

bounced (note the lack of the word "mailserver" in there).

G2