[tcb] carbs

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:44:57 -0800 (PST)

How I sync the dual weber 34s on the baja:  Purchased a motorcycle carb sync
tool for multi carbs.  This thing is good for up to 4 carbs, has 4 rubber/vinyl
tubes connected to clear tubes with mercury like a thermometer.  Connect one
tube to each carbs/intact vacum inlet and the vacum pulls the mecury just like
in a thermometer.  Hold the engine at about cruise rpm (2,500) and adjust carb
linkeage till each mercury tube is at same level.  In my opinion more accurate
than the unisyn type and you have them synched at your normal cruising rpm.
Works for me.
Sammie