[tcb] Zurich VW

  • From: <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:32:40 -0500

We are staying in "old town" and there are a lot of streets where cars can't
go. There are booths with pretty lights in every public place. They are selling
candy, sausages, socks, just about everything. As I was waiting for Jan to come
out of the McDonalds where she went to pee (the only way we will go into one) A
72 Westy pulled up to load up. After was established that I spoke no German and
that he spoke a little English ( they all say this, but they all speak English
about as well as I do ) I told him that I owned a '63 he oohed and ahhhed and
said for me to keep it. He said that he would really like his bus to have one
of those big American engines, the 2 liter, with the fuel injection.

The big American engines?

I ate fish and chips from a paper cone for dinner. The guy asked me if I wanted
tarter sauce and I said yes, so he just dumped it on the top, like a big ice
cream cone. Good thing I like tarter sauce, on my french fries, not so much,
but it wasn't bad.

Right now on the English channel on TV a weather guy is doing a long and
thorough report on the weather in Africa.

Got a reminder that a cup of coffee in most of Europe is espresso, so a "large"
is like a dixie cup and STRONG. If you order a coffee "Americain" you will get
the same cup of coffee with water poured in. So the espresso is much better.
And it's like, $4. Everybody is thrilled to take the Dollar, which is a change
from when I was here before the Euro (which they do not use here). Then you had
to go change your money and come back. But now they will happily take your $20
bill and hand you back two small coins. By the time you figure out what the
coins you got back are and then figure out the exchange rate you just got, the
guy who gave you the change has finished his shift and gone home.

I think it is 3:AM at home and I am tired....zzzzzzzzzz