[tcb] Re: What's the Word, Bird?

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 06:08:49 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

You could join me when I go 'camping' next week. {grin} Probably 300+ buses
in attendance.

I think I've settled in on leaving Monday and arriving in the general area
of the show Thursday night. Gates open at 6am Friday.

I'll play with the mapping software later today and post up potential
routes. I'm planning to go north this year up toward I-40 then west. I want
to try to make the whole trip without actually driving on an Interstate
Highway.

Tried it when I went across in January but 190 dumps you out on I-10 for a
long stretch at Fort Stockton then when I got into New Mexico I realized I
was driving through the freaking MOUNTAINS in JANUARY and had been damn
lucky the weather was warm enough that I had hit no snow or ice -- so I cut
back down to I-10 again and stayed there the rest of the way across.

Denis? You coming along?

G2