[tcb] Re: What I did on my summer vacation....

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:50:44 -0700 (PDT)

Julie:  Re polishing the trim.  What I would do is mask it with a good quality
masking tape, like the green 3M from a paint shop, try a small area first and
polish the heck out of it with Mother's metal polish.  Use a soft cotton
cloth.  This stuff is available at WalMarts and most auto supply stores for
about $6.  It comes in a small jar about the size and looks of a jar of cold
cream that some ladies use on their faces.  It's probably not necessary to mask
off the trim from the body, but best to be on the safe side.  That should do
it.  That stuff is fantastic on aluminum and aluminum alloys.  If that won't
make it really nice then you can try some really fine steel wool and use WD-40
as a lubricant when you are doing the polishing.  Do not try the steel wool
without masking the trim.  You don't want to polish on the paint with that
steel wool.  Once you have done the steel wool thing then you can finish up
with the Mothers.  IMO though
 the Mothers should do it by itself.