[tcb] Re: Vanagon Hitches

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:00:07 -0500

Hey Duncan,

I think I still have one in the garage although I have sold my Vanagons (boo hoo). I bought mine from GoWesty and it is heavy/strong with a 2" receiver. It uses the loops, so I bought the extra brace that goes under the engine. Supposed to support 200lbs. Let me know if you want pics or info and I'll look for it.

j duncan wrote:
Doing research via google, I came across these specialized hitches. Kinda cool.
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/gary2a/rack/vanagonrack.htm

Anybody ever do business with him? The "more information" link is dead.

Atleast I now know the tie-down loops are part of the bumper.
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/gary2a/rack/bumper/bumpermounts.jpg

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01