[tcb] Transmissions

  • From: coitspoon <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:44:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Folks -

I got a "new" 65 bus a few weeks ago and it pops out of 4th gear alot. Also my
top (comfortable) speed is 55mph, I'm thinking about getting the tranny rebuilt
or buying a new freeway flyer.
Also my "new" 56 porsche speedster (71 bug chassis) pops out of reverse and
grinds, so I think I'm looking at 2 new or rebuilt transmissions....

Any suggestions on local DFW person to rebuild? (I used Tom Jenkins on my 67
bug and my 72 bus years ago - anyone have his contact info if he's still
around?)
Or where I should order one from?

Thanks,
Jeff Bednar