[tcb] Re: Tim D

  • From: a1992cabbygirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:59:07 -0500 (EST)

His garage is a shrine to VWs.
Everytime he had to introduce himself at the club meetings, for newbies, he
would say he only had 1 vw.  Everyone would cough and start correcting him
saying put another 1 in front of that.  He would just laugh.
I had never seen such a garage in my life.  How he parked all 11 in there, and
10 out of 11 restored to pristine showroom condition, is beyond me.   I think
he liked the 67 the best because of the history of it from Nacogdoches.  He
drove it the most.  I will miss talking to him and hearing all the stories from
all the places he had travelled for car shows.  He loved talking about Bad
Camberg and what treasures he had found over there.
I just know he is in a better place now, and will miss him.
Emily