[tcb] Re: Threadgills - Recent Visit

  • From: Biggestdaddyo <biggestdaddyo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:28:10 -0800 (PST)

For what it's worth...Threadgils is like visiting
MECCA for any fan of Texas Music.  It is like an
amazing museum of Texas Music memorabilia from the
early days of the Austin Music scene and is built just
a few yards from the site of the original "Armadillo
World Headquarters" which featured acts ranging from
Willie Nelson, Leon Russell to Janis Joplin....etc etc
etc.

Pookie and I visited recently and were BLOWN AWAY by
the amazing memorabilia on the walls there.  We went
for a Sunday morning "Gospel Brunch" and it was
INCREDIBLE!  Good food, good music, good service and
quite a history lesson.
That's just my .02!!!
James Oliver

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail