[tcb] Re: The engine is still not in.

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:18:45 -0600

Denis, do you have a spare 12 flywheel? I had to hold a spare one up to the bell housing to see what else needed to be clearanced. Next *and this is important* I had to remove the rubber gaskets on the left and right side of the engine. When they are installed they kept getting bunched up at the rear and keeping the engine from going in that final 1 inch. I had to install the engine with out the rubber gasket, then get them really soapy, then slide them in.

You should try and remove the gasket before you start pulling your hair out.

Denis Dodson wrote:
I worked on trying to get the #@!^* engine in for only a couple of hours yesterday. I can not get the final 1" in. ("That's what she said" joke here) I quit and spent a normal evening like a normal person. Back at it today. if I don't get it in today, either a bunch of you geniuses will have to come up and figure it out or I'm not going to Galveston. Andrew is pretty close by, but he has this real life with a cute wife and the cute little Emily, so I don't think I'll beg him to bail me out. I should be able to fix this. GRRR!