[tcb] Re: Rust Bullet

  • From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:47:29 -0800 (PST)

  Brian, I used POR 15 on Sparky with good results.  I wire brushed the rust,
then painted it on.  It actualy sticks much better to the rust then to paint.
I had a couple of small holes in the front floor board and repaired them with
some fiberglass cloth and POR15. Here's a link to my website showing how I did
it.

  http://sparkythebus.netfirms.com/repair_page.htm

  Good luck

  Ronnie

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  cool, denis you have inspired me to do the same thing. only i am going to
use por 15 because i have some really thin spots in the back of the fabubus.
i have all the seats out now and am now working on sanding the surfaces and
busting out loose rust. can't wait to see the before and afters.

>From: "Denis Dodson"
>Subject: [tcb] Rust Bullet
>Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:56:51 -0600
>
>I don't have any heat in the garage where I work on the bus and the
>directions say not to apply it below 50 degrees, and my parabolic heater,
>roaring all day only brought the temp up to 51. So Saturday the temps here
>skyrocketed into the sixties and it was warmer outside than in, so I moved
>the bus into the sun. While it was completely still when I started
>spraying, immediately after I began the wind picked up enough to blow
>around the thin plastic I was using to mask.
>
>But I got it done and it does look good and it dried by evening. Dan will
>have the before and after pics.

 Yahoo! Personals