[tcb] Re: Ronnie's engine

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:38:57 -0800 (PST)

All tolerances were checked and within specs. The engine had about 500 miles on
it. used a straight 30 weight oil for break-in. The engine temp never got over
190 degrees. when I built the engine it turned over freely without the plugs in
so I don't think I missed the bearing pin when I assembled the crank. the end
play was set with a dial indicater to proper specs. the only thing I can think
of is a restriction in the oil galley going to the bearing. it has a very small
hole for the oil to get thru and wouldn't take much to block it. I will have
the block boiled out and all oil galleys checked again. --
  Mark

Bob Perring <perring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  That would sure do it.
It is amazing what a slight clearance difference will do to oil flow
restriction when sleeve bearing tolerances are too tight.
Bob