[tcb] Poltergeist.

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 19:11:36 -0500

If only I could find a guy who would be as determined to keep my life
interesting as the poltergeist who lives in Donner.  I thought he was gone but
that's a big nope.

Remember my horn had magical powers?  My Bus would quit running but beeping the
horn could bring Donner back to life.  Well I thought this craziness was gone.
On my way to the Classic last year, Donner turned off while driving and the
horn beeping trick did not help.  I switched out the electronic ignition on the
side of the road and it seemed as of the poltergeist left for good.

A few weeks ago, my brights stopped working.  At Air Coolers a friend helped by
getting a wire back into the right place in the headlight relay and everything
seemed perfect.  That is until a bunch of bikers encouraged me to beep my horn
while I was driving today.  I gave them what they wished for and after that my
turn signals were kaputt.

If I try to use my turn signals, they do not work and my alternator light goes
on and my fuel gauge drops way below empty and it stays this way.  If I turn
the Bus off, my warning lights do not light up when turning the key.  I can
correct the problem by turning my key to the place where the warning lights
should light up and I beep the horn and the warning lights come on and the gas
gauge returns to the proper place. Everything remains fine (except for not
having turn signals) unless out of habit I try to use the turn signals.

Ugh!