[tcb] Re: Oops I did it again!

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 05:48:28 -0800 (PST)

Way to go Julie.  Hey, I've got a 60 double cab, so maybe we can get them
together sometime in the future.  Looks like he (or she) could use a good
scrubbing though.  And how about that very original German door lock on what
appears to be the driver's door.  That thing may be collectible.  And I hate to
ask this:  but does it have the gates?  If not you better start looking now
cause they are hard to find.

How about a target date of the Texas Classic for the 21 window?  You can make
it.

--- On Mon, 1/19/09, julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx

From: julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Oops I did it again!
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, January 19, 2009, 9:39 PM

Hey Bus Friends,

There is a Type 2 that I've fancied for some time.  He was supposed to be
shipped off to England or some such nonsense but he never made it onto the
boat.  The Brits' loss is my win.  I'm now the proud owner of a 1961 Double
Cab.   Yes, that very same happy, yellow one that my little Wolfie was born
in.  He's going to need lots of love and a girl has got to learn to weld
sometime in her life, right?

Here's some photos, I'll get better ones soon:
http://picasaweb.google.com/julie.hey.ho.lets.go/WolfieAndHisBirthplace?authkey=2edpsF73mM0#

Other updates:  Donner (my '71) is still running.
Blitzen (my '66) is getting attention, parts are in the mail, more bits will be
bolted on him soon, no reason why he shouldn't be running in the near future.
And Wolfie is a girl!  After visits to the Vet who determined that my sweet
kitten, nicknamed Wolfie, full name Wolfgang, was a boy, the Vet later changed
his mind when he went to neuter him.  Wolfie got spayed instead and does not
seem to be suffering psychologically because of the mix up.

I hope all is well with your Buses!

Julie