[tcb] Nac

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:06:41 -0700 (PDT)

A hearty thanks to all the TCBers for helping make the Nac show a real success.
 Treasurer is still counting but it looks like we raised close to $1,500 for
the American Cancer Society.  Much thanks for all the auction items to Chuck
Blue, Andrew Barnes, Jumpin Joe, Lonnie Bergman, Paul Smith, Jane Cananza,
Beverly Williams and any one else I may have missed in the hectic pace of
trying to keep everything with some semblance of organization.

  I'm biased; but the personalized hand craft art work supplied by Lonnie
(great mug Lonnie), metal craft by Andrew (these things all went for more than
$20 each), and the photo by Bev of the T@P (which I think went for around $75).
 Only regret that I have is that I didn't get a chance to bid on any of it.

  I commented to Steve Chamberlain during the show that there must be a special
place in VW heaven for the people who put on VW shows.  Will we have it again
next year?  That depends totally on the advice of my psychiatrist.

  But, we are open to suggestions on how to improve if you've got any while
fresh on your minds.  Two thoughts already.  I'm going to check with the city
to determine if there is any possibility of camping at the show site.  And we
are going to see what can be done about the day laborer/homeless problem, at
least get some police patrol.