[tcb] Re: Murray is on his own tires

  • From: "Lonnie Bergman" <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:11:19 -0600

The po of my vert had "adjusted" the spring plates by taking the spring
plates off and moving them down one spline and putting them back. The result
was, when I put the engine in, it still sat at the top of the suspension.

I'm not sure if someone on the list gave me these web sites, but I saved
them for future reference.  They pertain to a bay, but will give you a real
good idea on how to adjust the rear torsion bars on any air cooled VW.

http://www.type2.com/library/suspens/torsion.htm

http://www.type2.com/library/suspens/tmadj.htm

This