[tcb] Re: Monument show this weekend

  • From: thingmon@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 23:48:06 -0700 (PDT)

Thought I might, but it's not looking good.  I was hoping to have my beetle on
the road by now but it's still mocking me from it's perch on the jackstands in
the garage.  Aargh.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to know anyone willing to part with a Bach
Stradivarius (silver) trumpet for cheap?  I wouldn't even consider a $2100
trumpet (I've seen them for ONLY $800 on Craig's list, ack), if my son wasn't
so dang dedicated.  Buy a lot o' beetle parts for that but what the heck, he's
worth it.

He and a friend played Taps at a recent Scout campout.  Made our hair stand on
end.  Whew.