[tcb] Re: Monument Cruise & Show

  • From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 05:28:43 -0700 (PDT)

We were doing the family thing getting my son ready for his next adventure.  We
dropped him off downtown at the Greyhound bus station around noon.  Last we
heard he was in Atlanta changing buses.

  He is off to work at Le Conte Lodge in Tennesse.
http://www.leconte-lodge.com/

  Right on the Appalachian Trail, you have to hike 6.5 miles to get to the
lodge.  No roads and they bring supplies in via a llama pack train.

  Ah to be 21 again.  He had $15 in his pocket when we dropped him off.  I made
him take an extra $20 just in case.  No money, no responsibilites, no worries.
Doesn't sound too bad.

  Ronnie