[tcb] Good times....good times

  • From: Christopher Dirksen <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texas Coalition of busses <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:50:12 -0500

Hey Paul,
Are we back on to have the camp at the point or is it at the baseball field, i
might have missed that email? is the burn ban on this year ot will there be a
fire pit? Also I was taking a walk down memory lane and found this email from
last year.. Caint wait for this year you just too Kool!

"I promis I want ramble on .Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Better than
I ever dreamed it would be.
The planning has already startted for next year(I bought two Coke cookie jars
today for the auction
/raffle) Thank you for your genirosity, and your talent for bothe the making of
such kool things but also opening your wallets .We tripled our donation from
the 1st two years. As you can see ,we are hardly a Resort , very nice place to
live and play ,but not a resort as was intended back in the 60's . I still
can't get over how the city staff and PD stepped up and made a huge difference
in the quaulity of the show. The dogs, the kids , the families having so much
fun just blows my mind .We grew over 100% this year .
We had chilie on friday, Breakfast tacos on Sat.
morning , pretty good hamburgers Sat. night. I envision a cattered super some
day , maybe fajitas or something like that , a cajun meal sounds good. We had
folks jumpping up and having pinatas for the kids , a kool kolering contest ,
It felt like being at a family reunion without all the stuff that goes along
with a reunion , we had people rise to the occation and coordinate the busses
for the group photo , We had people after the event postting photos on the
Samba and houston sites to let the folks know that thing is worth coming to. We
had folks show their craft for the goodness of the show and Post, I can't thank
you enough. It feels really good when your associatted with a group that these
buiseness want us back , A community that wants us back , Pat yourself on the
back for a job well done , everyone contribbuted in some way weather you know
it or not . Please spread the word to anyone you know that has a bus , I don't
want to get too big , but it would be great to have a cut off of 100
entriesThank you so much again for pre entering , .I will be in Borne Sunday ,
so you can pick them up from me there , The folks up north I will be at Ft
Worth nov. 5th,and Back to Austin on the 5th , if you want your badge before
then ,send me 5.00 for postage, 47 s cliffwood cir belton tx 76513. Things
happened for a reson this weekend ,the rain held off long enough to finish the
show, 2hrs later the sun was shining (the sunset Sunday I wantted Fri and Sat
night) It rained like a big dog this morning ,the burn ban was liftted this
afternoon . The t shirt design has already been drawn, bumper badge also , also
things are already being discussed about how to make it more enjoyable to
everyone , Next year we will have a snake pit (snake pit is the infield area of
Indy where folks stay up alittle later , better placement of the genoraters , 2
more portta potties , And hopefully many other constuctive ideas will be made
by the list. Bob has already startted working on a item for next years campout
, so please get those creative juices flowing I didn't name names intentionally
because I know I would leave out someone . Thanx again from Lois and I ."

Paul Smith
www.23window.com/thezone
T.C.B.
H.B.B.