[tcb] Re: Fwd: The Bus

  • From: Steve Chamberlain <steveraychamberlain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 05:35:01 -0500

Tyler is staying pretty busy with his new job so he may or may not answer
very quickly. When the documentary was being filmed Tyler made a donation
to help with the cost.of production. As a result of his donation he
was promised a copy of the DVD. The release was anticipated in April and he
had hoped to screen it at the Texas Classic but  as typical it just
recently was released.

With the DVD came rules associated with copyright laws etc. It is OK to
screen to certain non-profit audiences but it is not for distribution. Some
copyright laws renewed on old names or outdated parts may
seem ridiculous but they are in place to protect the independent film maker
that sinks lots of money into a project like this just to get ripped off by
someone who wants to make a quick buck off the hard (& expensive) work
someone else did. I'm sure it will be out for public distribution soon and
Tyler or I will keep you posted on how to own your very own piece of VW bus
history.