[tcb] Engine fire guy questions

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:43:22 -0500

This is on a '70 Campmobile

No brakes was probably because of the bone dry reservoir but I told him
to order all 4 rubber lines anyway, we'll check the cylinders after he
has new rubber installed.

He's currently trying to locate the guy who did his paint job 5 years
ago to see if he can get the heat bubbled rear matched and repainted.

I opened my big mouth about front discs when discussing brakes.

Does anyone have a complete '71 beam? How much?

Is the bolt pattern on the '71 hubs still a wide 5? Having different
wheels front/rear might kill the idea.

Does anyone have a booster drum for a '71 if he does make the change?

How hard will it be for him to swap beams and add the booster in a
regular home garage?

What's the going rate ($$$) from various sources for a 3-window canvas
for a '70 Westy?

That's pretty much it for now. I'm going to yank the flasher relay out
of my '69 beetle and see if that will solve his turn signal issues
until we can source one. '68 - '70 bus and beetle should be the same.
Not being able to find a flasher is the reason he parked it 4 years ago.

Gerald