[tcb] Re: Electrical Problems in Wet Weather

  • From: JKi7886155@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:17:22 EDT

Thanks for the tip. It sounds totally logical to me. By the way, I need to
check with Paul Smith to see if a what-cha-ma-call-it is the same as a
"Ching-a-dara".

Jack

In a message dated 10/16/06 1:25:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Sounds  like the "Green Death" of corrosion. Clean all your connectors and
coat  them with dielectric jelly or silcon spray. If you have an ECU,
especailly  iof you have an ECU!, take it apart and clean the board with
acetone and  coat it with a protectant.

The corrosion reduces the current to the  what-cha-ma-call-it. I found out
the hard way during last year's horrific  rainstorm.

Hope this helps,
Duncan

From:  JKi7886155@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:36:52  EDT

Mark:

That's funny. After having some fixes put in place to  cure the wet weather
problems with my Vanagon, I had the same problem as  you had.

Jack

In a message dated 10/15/06 7:11:36 P.M. Central  Daylight Time,
mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

. . .With all   the rain, the Van started acting up again, so every once in a
while, I had  to  shut it
off, coast in neutral, and turn it back on, and for some  reason she  would
run right for about 5 miles.  Then it would  act up again.