[tcb] Re: EIS Parts

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:09:44 -0600

I haven't gotten a good look yet. Just a quick look with someone moving
the steering wheel and all of the play seems to be at the completely
toasted forward drag link ball joint.

Are the drag links ends the same as tie-rod ends? Can one buy tie-rod
ends to replace them? It really seems a waste to replace a 24" steel
bar every time a ball joint fails at one end or the other.

Bus Depot appears to have the drag link at a reasonable price with MUCH
better shipping (they're a little closer to me and EIS also appears to
have a significant markup on shipping, they were near double what even
the other Cali companies were charging for UPS ground).

I have to call Bus Depot though. Ron is good for not having what you
order in stock.

G2